On this page you will find support offers available to staff provided by organisations we are working closely with across Bedfordshire, Luton and Milton Keynes.
NHS England: Supporting our NHS people
NHS England have a range of additional support offers in place for our NHS colleagues which suit a range of different health and wellbeing needs.
NHS staff can talk to volunteers about anything that's troubling them. Call 116 123 or email firstname.lastname@example.org, alternatively, you can text FRONTLINE to 85258 for support 24/7 via text.
This service is for doctors and dentists with information and resources gathered together to help signpost staff to routes for support.
Hospice UK are operating a free bereavement support line which can be accessed from 8:00am – 8:00pm, seven days a week. A team of fully qualified and trained bereavement specialists are available to support you with bereavement and wellbeing issues relating to loss experienced through your work. Call 0300 303 4434.
Crisis Cafes are safe, non-judgemental spaces that you can come to if you find yourself in crisis or mental distress in the evenings. You will be met by a trained mental health worker who will listen and help you identify ways to address the problems you are facing.
Who are the Crisis Cafés for?
Adults (18+) who are experiencing severe mental distress or crisis.
What can you expect?
- A safe, calm and relaxed atmosphere
- A one-to-one session with a trained mental health worker
- Support to identify positive mental health coping strategies
- Advice and guidance about other support services available in your area
Do you need an appointment?
Each Crisis Café is now operating a drop-in service and an appointment is not required.
Milton Keynes also has a Crisis phoneline, which can be contacted between 5.00pm – 11.00pm on: 01525 722 225 (for Milton Keynes residents only)
Where are the Crisis Cafe's based?
- Luton Crisis Café: Luton Wellbeing Centre, 46-56 Dumfries Street, Luton, LU1 5BP
- Bedford Crisis Café: Florence Ball House, Bedford Health Village, 3 Kimbolton Road, Bedford, MK40 2NX
- Milton Keynes Crisis Café: 226 Queensway, Fenny Stratford, Bletchley, Milton Keynes, MK2 2TE.
- Central Bedfordshire Crisis Café: Mind BLMK, The Rufus Centre, Steppingley Road, Flitwick, Bedfordshire, MK45 1AH (4 days a week, Monday – Thursday)
What are the opening times?
Apart from Central Bedfordshire (see above), our Crisis Cafes are open seven days a week, 365 days of the year, between 5.00pm – 11.00pm.
If you would like further information about Crisis Cafés, please email at: email@example.com or call: 0300 330 0648 (open 9am – 4:30pm). You can also visit the Mind BLMK website.