- Hospice UK are operating a free bereavement support line for all NHS, care sector staff and emergency service workers, available from 8am to 8pm every day. A team of fully qualified and trained bereavement specialists are available to support you with bereavement and wellbeing issues relating to loss experienced through your work.
- Sudden: This charity support service has a bereavement helpline to call if someone you know has died. Available from 10am to 4pm, Monday to Friday. They can give you advice, guidance and practice support, visit their website.
- Cruse Bereavement Care: Cruse offer specialist bereavement advice and provide support in all types of loss. They have a free national helpline and also offer an online chat function.
- Telephone: 0808 808 1677 - Monday to Friday 9.30am to 5pm, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday 9.30am to 8pm and Weekends 10am to 2pm.
- Sue Ryder’s Online Bereavement Support offer online bereavement support and provide up to 6 free counselling sessions.
- National Bereavement Partnership: Provides a support helpline, counselling referral and befriending service for all those suffering from bereavement, grief, living loss, mental health issues, and those affected by the Covid-19 pandemic. Available 7am to 10pm, seven days a week.
- Samaritans: Available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- At A Loss: Live chat with a bereavement counsellor for free, 9am to 9pm Monday to Friday. Visit their website.
- Keech Bereavement support: Supporting Bedfordshire and Luton residents with bereavement support, including free bereavement counselling.
- Bedford day hospice: Supporting residents of Bedford Borough and Central Bedfordshire with free bereavement counselling.
- During these difficult times bereavement support is available. In partnership with local services, support is available to those living within the BLMK area. We are here to help.
Updated on: 13/04/2022