Keeping Well is not able to provide immediate support in an emergency. If you require immediate help, or if you think that you are at risk of harm to yourself or to or from others, then we advise you to:
- In an emergency call 999 or visit A&E
- Contact your GP by phone if you need immediate help. Outside of surgery hours you can call NHS Direct for more guidance on 111
The nhs.uk website has information about different crisis support services as well as coping strategies and ways to keep yourself safe:
Other organisations you may want to contact are:
- Samaritans (24 hours, confidentially): 116 123 They have a dedicated number for healthcare staff 0800 069 6222 7am to 11pm, 7 days a week
- Saneline (6pm to 11pm): 0845 767 8000
The crisis cafés are open 5pm-11pm 7 nights a week 365 days a year.
They are drop in and require no appointment. Alternatively, you can email enquiries to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Luton Crisis Café: Luton Wellbeing Centre, 46-56 Dumfries Street, Luton, LU1 5BP
- Bedford Crisis Café: Florence Ball House, Bedford Health Village, 3 Kimbolton Road, Bedford, MK40 2NX
- Milton Keynes Crisis Café: 226 Queensway, Fenny Stratford, Bletchley, Milton Keynes, MK2 2TE. Milton Keynes also offers telephone support on 01525 722 225 – this is for Milton Keynes residents only.
Are you experiencing domestic abuse? Do you feel controlled or fearful of your partner or someone in your home? Domestic violence or abuse can happen to anyone. Find out how to recognise the signs and where to get help.
Our trained wellbeing practitioners are here if you want to talk to someone. Speak to one of our team confidentially on the live chat or a call (we can call back at a time that works for you). Find more information here