We ran a series of 60 minute webinars with Sleep Well Oxford on how to get the most from night-time rest.
The webinars looked at:
- how sleep works
- why it's important
- exploring the natural biological rhythms and helpful thinking styles that influence and support rest and sleep.
During the sessions, staff learnt key day-time and night-time behaviours and tools that can improve your sleep with the guidance and support of a clinical expert and committed therapist using the Cognitive-Behavioural Therapy for Insomnia technique.
About the presenter
Dr Dimitri Gavriloff is a Senior Clinical Psychologist and Clinical Course Tutor in Sleep Medicine on the Oxford Online Programme. There will be an opportunity to take part in a Q&A with Dimitri.
About Sleep Well Oxford
Sleep Well Oxford offers a specialist sleep clinic for children and adults with sleep problems. Our service includes specialist assessment, diagnosis, and treatment. We also specialise in the nationally recommended first-line treatment for insomnia: Cognitive-Behavioural Therapy for Insomnia (CBTI).
- Overcoming insomnia and sleep problems: A self-help guide using cognitive-behavioural techniques. (2nd Ed.) Espie, C. A. (2021)
- Sleeping through the night: How infants, toddlers, and their parents can get a good night’s sleep. Mindell, J. (2005)
- Take charge of your child’s sleep: The all-in-one resource for solving sleep problems in kids and teens. Owens, J., & Mindell, J.
- Solving sleep problems in children with autism spectrum disorders: A guide for frazzled families. Katz, T., & Malow, B. (2014).